Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Amazed!!

Wow, this is the last week of ballet for Phoebe and she stood on her sticker today and did all of her ballet moves. I was so shocked I think I was smiling bigger than I had ever smiled before-PROUD MOMMY MOMENT!!! All weekend I was having her do certain ballet moves and she would do them and she showed Daddy and then on Saturday when we were at Grammy's house she showed her her ballet moves. So I had been working with her a lot and telling her "this is the last week for ballet and you're going to dance for Miss Tonya, right?" And she'd say yes. So she did all the moves but then there's one part that the 4 other little girls go up to Miss Tonya and hold hands and walk around in a circle. She would always refuse to do that and would just come lay in my lap and say no. So today when they did it I said go up there Phoebe and dance with your friends and she got up and kind of hesitated but followed the other little girls and went up there and held their hands. OH MY GOSH, I was totally beside myself I couldn't believe it. My little shy girl is actually doing it, wow!! It was totally great!! It was pretty funny though because while she was walking up there she had her hand in her mouth, something she does I guess her way of fidgeting, and when she took her hand out and reached for the little girls hand next to her, the little girl threw her hand down and said Yuck, it's wet. And me, her mom and dad busted out laughing. Miss Tonya just said Ok, well you can just hold her wrist and puts her hand around Phoebe's wrist. Then in the middle of going around in a circle they all let go of each others hands to dance and the little girl goes on the other side of Phoebe so she doesn't have to hold her "wet" hand again, it was hilarious!! I was so proud of her!!

I never realized how much I say "can't" until Phoebe started repeating it and saying "I can't" do this or that. I guess that's another negative part of me coming out. But we'll be driving down the road and she'll say "get my phone, please mom" and I'll stop myself from saying I can't because I don't want her saying that. So I am trying to find other words to use besides I can't and now when she says that I make her try it and tell her she can do anything. It's hard to just totally get a word out of your vocabulary but when it comes to my daughter saying it, I will stop saying it!!
And Eliott's continuing to grow up so fast. He has such a funny little personality. He crawls everywhere and is even starting to do the "monkey crawl" with one foot on the ground like walking and the other leg with his knee on the ground crawling. He crawl over to something and stand up and let go he just hasn't taken that first step yet. It's so cute. Here he is pulling up on Glory and standing next to her. Here's another funny pic of him loving on her- AHHHH, how cute!!

No comments: