Friday, March 23, 2007

Not off to a good start!


Well I just got my blog started and already I had to take a week off. On Monday night I put Phoebe to bed (she's in a big girl bed now by the way), Eliott and I went into the dining room to check e-mail and I sat down at the computer and started opening my email. I noticed my sock was getting a little wet so I just figured Phoebe had spilt some juice there. I start to soak it up but the sock just keeps getting wetter. So I stand up to see what's going on and my foot was soaking wet! Then I step again on my way into the kitchen and it was even wetter. OH MY GOSH I thought!! So I called Denzil, he was working late, obviously, it was like 8:30. I said we have a problem and he says he's on his way home, what's wrong. He says "Call your dad!" So I called my dad and he told me to go out to the heater/hot water heater closet in the garage and open it and tell him what I see. Well after cleaning out everything in front of the door, there was water pouring out of the drain. It was black water and had chopped up spaghetti noodles in it (what I put down the garbage disposal earlier). So I went to turn off the washing machine and the dishwasher and then realized the water had gone all the way into the living room too. Above is the picture of just the dining room and how wet it got. Luckily we were able to wait until Tuesday morning to call a plumber and it was only $80 for him to come out to fix the clogged drain but then we had the soaking wet carpet to deal with. So we ripped up the carpet pad and rented some carpet fans to dry the carpet. Then on Thursday we got the carpet pad replaced, carpet restretched and cleaned. OH MY, it's been a great spring break! This would have been so much easier to deal with if Phoebe had gone to school this week but it had to happen on an off week. Ugh!

Other than that, I missed bible study on Tuesday, which I absoltely did not like but there was no way I could go. Luckily Denzil did take off work to help me deal with this problem but we were right in the middle of cleaning it up at bible study time. Our insurance guy did see my Beloved Disciple book by Beth Moore and got all excited that I was learning more about God and thought it was excellent! That was pretty cool/weird that our insurance man said that?? I am up on my daily reading though and have loved this week! One thing that really stuck out to me yesterday...she's talking about unheathly hearts and she says.."We don't have to be raised in severely dysfunctional homes to develop unhealthy hearts. All we have to do is expose ourselves to life. Life can be heartless and mean. Purely and simply, LIFE HURTS!! However, we can't check ourselves out of life. Instead, God hopes that we'll turn to Him to heal us from the ravages of natural life and make us healthy ambassadors of abundant life in an unhealthy world." She goes on to say that God can heal all of our hearts, no matter what got it in such a condition. It's amazing to me how forgiving God really is. He is a great God and I am so grateful that I found him and am able to have a relationship with Him through His Son, Jesus Christ!! Thank you Christ-

2 comments:

Connie said...

Hey...I missed you yesterday! I have so enjoyed getting to know you. Monty really enjoyed meeting you all. We all need to hang out again! I hope Pheobe is feeling better!

Jennie Morgan said...

Oh my! I'm so sorry your week was so crazy! Praying things calm down for you and your family!