Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Fretting

Well I was reading an article in the Parents magazine and it's titled "What matters most." It is just one mom's account of looking back on being a mother of young ones. One of the things she said that really hit me was this paragraph:
"The pity, when I look back on years of being a mother to my young children, is that I see, among the many happy and wonderful images, an overtired and sometimes burned-out woman, often too stressed by fretting over details to enjoy the great gift of simply being their mother."
I am really feeling like that overtired person right now. I know in the blink of an eye Phoebe and Eliott are going to be grown and graduating from high school, getting married and moving out. I really want to be able to give them an awesome childhood and I want to have those wonderful memories but she's so right, I don't want to stress and frett over little details that will just work themselves out. I love being their mother and I love watching them grow every day. I am so very blessed to see them, watch them, spend loads of time with them everyday...I love them sooooo much and I love being their mother!

No comments: