Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Been a long time!

Wow, it's been a long time...since I've posted and since I've been sick with the wonderful morning sickness that I am so lucky to get. I hate it when I meet these women that say..."oh wow, that never happened to me, I never got sick." I just want to scream at them because they have no idea how it feels to throw up all the time...and still take care of 3 kids!!
I'm finally feeling better these days but I really don't want to talk about that because everytime I say that then I throw up again, so let's not get on that subject.
A lot has happened since my last post...piling up laundry, dishes, lots and lots of naps for mom, and school came to an end.
I am now 14 weeks pregnant and my second doctors appt is tomorrow and I'm going with no kids!! YEAH!! I am going to drive all the way there with my radio on...wow, I still have radio in my car and not a DVD playing in my ear that I can't watch!! Their teacher, Ms. Jesse, is going to watch them for me and she has a little 2 year old boy so they should have lots of fun.
Phoebe & Eliott get to go to preschool next year for free and I am so looking forward to that one!! Phoebe will go 4 days a week 8:30 to 12:30 and Eliott will go 3 days a week, same time, just a different class.
In the last 2 weeks we've had Mother's day, Phoebe's 4th birthday, and Fin's 1st birthday. I totally can't believe Phoebe's 4 and Fin's 1...it's crazy!! We had a party for Phoebe and invited 4 little girls that she knows (and a couple of their brothers!) and they had a great time playing outside, eating cake, and then playing with all her new barbies. And all the girls going into Phoebe's room and locking all the "boys" out!! She's actually made a sign to put on her door that has a picture of a boy and says "No boys allowed, except for Daddy!" Of course I had to help her but she told me exactly what to write/draw and where to put it on the paper. Then she got the tape and went and taped it on the outside of her door. Other than that Phoebe's doing great! She is so smart and amazes us all the time with things she says. She's so motherly and such a great big sister. She's so excited about having a baby sister and that makes me kind of nervous...she's going to be very disappointed if it's not a baby sister!! She keeps saying "this is my room and my baby sister's." So let's hope we find out it's a girl in July!
This last Sunday for Memorial day we tried to go to the Denver Zoo but that was a joke...out of all their 5 million parking places, we could not find one, and we drove around for over 45 minutes. So we left there and went to the Aquarium, where we had never been before. That was really cool, we really liked that and I thought it was awesome to see the 2 tigers that they have in there.
Eliott is doing good but he continues to be a challenge. We love him anyway though and he's an awesome boy. His speech thearpist thought he should be evaluated by an occupational thearpist, so she came out and did an evaluation on him and asked him 500 questions and we found out he has problems with his proproceptive input. Which means that why he falls all the time or runs into walls, etc. I just blew that off as a boy thing or just clumsy but it's an actual problem that he has not knowing where his body is at in space...really weird!! So she's coming twice a month to work with him and showing us how to get that input in his joints/bones that he needs...really interesting stuff and she's got some really cool ideas! He has such a temper and has started throwing stuff, hard stuff when he's mad which then creates a total problem, of course so we're trying to figure out which discipline is working best for this 2 year old boy and it's frustrating.
We're still loving Colorado and love this weather...hot during the day and cool at night...Love it!! Our street is filling up and we have some great neighbors on our street and a total of 22 kids on our street of about 15 houses and I think 3 of those houses don't have any kids. Haven't met them all yet, it's been a slow process but the ones that we have met seem great. And Phoebe loves the little girl across the street, Marley!! I'm so glad we moved to a street where there are so many kids for our kids to play with.
Well I know I haven't included a bunch of stuff but thought I would just update to say we're still alive and doing good!
Until next time-

No comments: