Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Poem

I got this poem today in an email from a friend. Wow, it's pretty powerful!! Here it goes...

I was shocked, confused, bewildered
As I entered Heaven's door,
Not by the beauty of it all,
Nor the lights or its decor.

But it was the folks in Heaven
Who made me sputter and gasp--
The thieves, the liars, the sinners,
The alcoholics and the trash.

There stood the kid from seventh grade
Who swiped my lunch money twice.
Next to him was my old neighbor
Who never said anything nice.

Herb, who I always thought
Was rotting away in hell,
Was sitting pretty on cloud nine,
Looking incredibly well.

I nudged Jesus, "What's the deal?
I would love to hear Your take.
How'd all these sinners get up here?
God must've made a mistake.

"And why's everyone so quiet,
So somber - give me a clue."
"Hush, child," He said, "they're all in shock.
No one thought they'd be seeing you."
JUDGE NOT.

Wow!! Yes it's true each of us sin every day but that's the love of Jesus Christ, he forgives us each and every day...You are an awesome God!!


I got this saying from another email....
Remember.....Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car.

Hmmmm...how true that is!! I think too many people think that going to church gives them a pass into Heaven but that's so not true. Don't get me wrong we are called by God to go to church every Sunday to hear His word and fellowship with other believers but He wants so much more than that for each of us. He wants us to live for Him and do His work on a daily basis. Not only look at His word on Sunday but to open it and read it every day, study it, live by it and raise our children by it.
I am currently doing a bible study of Priscilla Shirer and there is a part in there that I am going to quote: she says " John 3:16 clearly states that God sent His Son to die for those who needed saving but that salvation only comes to those who "believe on Him." Our walk with Christ began when we removed the confidence we had in our ability to save ourselves and decided to trust Him instead. Our ability to live victoriously while here on earth depends on our willingness to put our confidence in Him."
Here's another part that she talks about having a relationship with God...
"A relationship with God begins by admitting we are not perfect and continue to fall short of God's standards. Romans 3:23 says "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." The price for these wrongdoings is separation from God. But God provided a way to get rid of that separation by coming down to earth in the form of Jesus. When Jesus was crucified on the cross He provided a way to allow our sins to be forgiven and restore our relationship with God. God doesn't ask us to clean up our lives before we come to Him. He wants us to come as we are, receiving Him as Savior and Lord.
Forgiveness begins when we admit our sin to God. When we do, He will forgive us and restore our relationship with Him. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9)
This love gift and relationship with God is not just for a special few but for everyone. "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved" (Rom. 10:13)."
I really love the study and recommend it.."He Speaks to Me: Preparing to hear from God."

1 comment:

Connie said...

I agree...I've loved this study as well~!