Thursday, February 21, 2008

Is it the flu?

Well the last couple ballet classes Phoebe has actually danced the whole time. My theory about the candy in my previous post was right. I told her no candy if she didn't dance and I didn't sit at the back of the room for her to sit in my lap. I stood right next to her on her sticker and slowly eased myself at least against the wall. Now she turns around and says "mommy, sit down." She's finally gotten comfortable and it doing all her moves. It's the most adorable thing and she loves it so much. She comes home and shows Daddy all her moves and then sings for him what she learned in music class at school on Tuesday and Thursday. She's so totally girl! She loves singing, dancing, and loves artsy crafty stuff. She loves to paint, cut with her scissors, and glue. I think she could spend hours doing it.
Denzil and I have had some kind of flu like sickness this whole week. Actually Denzil got it last Wednesday and I got it on Sunday. I have a very stuffy nose, headache, a really bad cough that hurts my ribs, lungs and back every time I cough, body aching all over and a 101 fever. I went to bed on Saturday night feeling absolutely fine and Sunday morning I woke up and felt horrible. I haven't been able to sleep because of the fever, not being able to breath and being freezing one minute and sweating the next. I went to my doc on Tuesday and he said it sounded just like the flu but before he could give me Tamiflu he'd have to test me to see if that's for sure what it was or not otherwise that would'nt do anything. Well Wed morning he called and said it was negative. I am very glad it's not the flu but I think I was hoping he said it was positive so I could go pick something up at the pharmacy, take it and get some kind of relief. Now since it's not the flu I just have to wait it out. I'm so sick of coughing so hard my whole body just hurts really bad or I throw up, which has happened a couple of times. I finally slept good last night because I took some Tylenol night severe cold medicine and it really helped me sleep, thankfully! It's so hard to be sick and still be the one responsible to clean the house, do laundry, feed everyone, etc. and be expected to get better.
Well it's getting late and I'm going to bed-

No comments: