Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Didn't work out!

Well yeah you read it right, it didn't work out. We had Jaycie for 4 days and she snapped at Phoebe. Right when she did it I said, Oh my we've got to give her back. And then I felt bad and thought we can't do that, it was just a fluke we'll keep her. The more I thought about it and then telling Denzil about it we called the Tulsa Boxer Rescue and said she snapped at Phoebe and the women asked no questions, she just said Ok, I'll call the foster home back and they'll come pick her up tonight. It's cool though because they have a 2 week trial period where if it just doesn't work out, you can try another if you want to. So we got on the website and found Glory. She's a beautiful white boxer with black spots and it said she was good with kids and is playful. Jaycie did not have a playful bone in her body, she was just laid back and relaxed and so the kids became an annoyance to her and she hadn't ever been around kids. So we told them that we would try Glory out and see how she'd do. So on Saturday my mom, Phoebe and Eliott and I drove up to Oklahoma City (her foster home was in OKC) and got her and then drove back here. OH MY! What a change from Jaycie. One thing I noticed early on but didn't really think anything about was that Jaycie would get in between Phoebe and I or in between Denzil and I. I guess maybe it was an early sign of jealously and she wanted to be the center. So I am truly glad she showed her "real" self before the 2 weeks was up!! But Glory is just like have a great playful puppy but also the joys of having an older dog (ie: not having to potty train her, not jumping up, not biting with those little sharp teeth, etc.). And she is really great with the kids. I think we found a winner this time. We're taking her to the vet tomorrow morning to get her shots, heartworm test and to look at some scratches on her but it's all on the Tulsa Boxer Rescue because they just hadn't had time to do any of that yet and her shots aren't due till August anyway. So it's nice of them to pay for them.
Well I've got to get to cleaning while the kiddos are asleep-

No comments: