Saturday, June 2, 2007

Prayers answered

Well we've made it through the first 2 weeks of summer break. Phoebe's been out of school for two weeks already. I thought I'd miss my time with just Eliott and I running around town shopping but it's been fun having her home, although I'm trying not to let Phoebe outside very much and defintely not in the evening, but we've been painting, drawing, playing with play-dou, playing with her new kitchen and dollhouse, etc. She's only 2 and she knows all her colors too!! She just keeps getting bug bites, they swell up the size of Texas and get infected all in less than 24 hrs. Very frustrating! And all this is happening with OFF on. I guess the bacteria that infected the first bite that put us in the hospital has collonized on her skin and we've got to get rid of it. So I'm washing her with Hibiclens and putting 1 TBS of bleach in her bath water. Yeah, you read that right-bleach. OH MY! But if it works, I'll do it. I just pray that they go away and those bugs leave my daughter alone!
It was a pretty good week. I actually had a prayer answered this week and He was so quick about it too. On Monday night I layed in bed praying and noticed (or heard) that Denzil was already asleep. So I prayed that we would do better as a family to be more like His Son, read our bibles, pray at night together and that He would help our marriage as we have been fighting a lot lately. On Wednesday afternoon I checked my email and there was an email from Denzil and the subject was "Your surgery and US". Hmmmm...so I opened it and wow, I started crying. I'm going to be having hernia surgery this Friday, the 8th and I'm kind of nervous about it. I've never had any kind of surgery before or never been knocked out or never had anesthesia before (yes I've had two kids but both natural with no drugs!). Denzil's going to be taking a week off work to take care of us and I've been thinking that we would probably fight the whole time because he's just not up to being "Mr. Mom". But the email was very sweet and he was just letting me know that he is here for me and there is nothing he'd rather do than to take care of us on his vacation. Ahhh! And then he said we needed to sit down and talk tonight, no tv or PS3 tonight, WOW! And one of the things he said we needed to talk about was how to be more like Christ. Wow, right when I read that I thought about my prayer on Monday night and thought God had really put it on his heart that we needed to talk. That's awesome! He does answer our prayers and most of the time I don't see it instantly so that was pretty cool!! So pray my surgery goes well. Denzil is going to watch the kids while my mom takes me to my surgery.

No comments: